I just posted my #OOTD but I decided to share my beauty looks of the day as well. Since the summer weather can be pretty unpredictable I opted for a french braid top knot today:
(1) First I straightened my hair the day before so it was super soft and easy to work with
(2) Part hair on both sides to have one big section in the middle for the braid
(3) Take all extra hair and secure into a high ponytail with an elastic
(4) Begin a french braid, making sure it’s tight and secure to avoid unwanted bumps. When finished secure with a small elastic
(5) Add braid into the ponytail
(6) twist hair into a tight top knot
(7) secure any flyaways with hairspray or bobby pins and you’re done!
Since I did a pretty sophisticated hairstyle I decided to top it off with some killer winged liner and a soft eye shadow combo
A couple months ago I received the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette (which I’m obsessed with!). It’s filled with mostly rose gold and soft pink tones that lead up to a few dark shades at the end of the palette.
I started off by coating my entire lid with Strange, which is a shimmery white. Then I applied Limit to my crease line and used a fluffy brush to blend. For the finishing touch, in my outer corner I used Darkside and then blended it softly into my crease. For eye liner I’m currently using Infallible The Super Slim from L’ORÉAL PARIS. I’m really loving this eye liner right now because it has a precisely pointed tip and it goes on very smoothly. Also you can build up the thickness of it very easily as well.
As for my eyebrows well… they’re super thick and there’s always a mess of hairs, which are always a pain to pluck so I start by brushing them out with my Easy Brow Mechanical Pencil from Milani (in Dark Brown) and then I shape them with my Bobbi Brown Brow Gel and if there are any bald spots I just fill them in with the brow pencil.
Well that’s all for now!
xoxo Sarah E.